REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Proudly calling Green Family YMCA their home, the Green Barracudas Swim Team is for swimmers of all ages and skill levels to learn and grow, together. Whether it’s a practice meet, a time trial or the championship relay, the Barracudas bring an unmatched passion and determination each time they enter the pool.
The Green Barracudas teach, follow and practice the essential elements of the YMCA competitive aquatic philosophy to:
- Support and instruct every swimmer on the team.
- Work on basic skills and teach good physical habits.
- Teach fair play and mutual respect.
- Help swimmers set and evaluate individual and team goals.
- Foster a winning attitude, in victory and defeat.
- Encourage lifetime involvement in sports and physical activity.
- Work with the whole person - spirit, mind, and body.
- Provide opportunities for swimmers to achieve their maximum potential.
Training begins in September and continues until March or April (depending on whether a swimmer qualifies for Nationals). Team Placement depends on training group availability.
Practices are divided into groups by age and may further be divided by ability level.
Visit greenbarracudas.org or contact Denise Howell at 330 899 9622 or head swim coach Beverly Poletta at 330 329 2311 for more information.