BRING FIT ON WITH WELLNESS 101!
Collaboration Between The Akron Area YMCA and Summa Center
For Sports Health
To better serve you the Akron Area YMCA and Summa Center for Sports Health are working together to provide a medically based, comprehensive level of expertise and wellness to members with Licensed Athletic Trainers (AT) who are available to you in the Y Wellness/Fitness Centers. This 12-week, medically supervised wellness program was developed by Summa Health's athletic trainers and can be conducted by a fitness/wellness coach. They can:
- Discuss wellness objectives and set goals
- Offer fitness assessments
- Design, implement and adjust fitness plans
- Help you and your family become active and engaged in a healthy lifestyle
- Make recommendations if you have and injury or fitness issues
- Direct you to available nutrition programs and group exercises
During the 12 weeks, participants will exercise a minimum of three days per week and meet once every three weeks with their athletic trainer or fitness/wellness coach to discuss progress or program adjustments.
Participants who complete the Wellness 101 program can show off their dedication with a FREE "I Got It Done With Wellness 101" t-shirt.
*Wellness 101 is offered to Y members only and may be taken one time per calendar year.
Visit or make an appointment to see your Y branch Fitness/Wellness Director. They will be glad to discuss health concerns, wellness goals and objectives with you.
Akron Area YMCA
50 S. Main Street, Ste. LL 100
Akron, Ohio 44308