Y MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
The Y is committed to providing a safe, caring, healthy and respectful environment for all members and guests. To promote these values, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are using our facilities or participating in our programs.
Our Code of Conduct dictates positive interactions with others, language free of anger or vulgarities, and with actions at or above a generally accepted standard of conduct. The following conduct can lead to suspension or termination of membership:
- Inappropriate attire
- Physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening manner
- Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name calling or shouting
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person
- Harassment or intimidation through words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property
- Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices or objects that may be used
as a weapon
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on Y property, in Y vehicles or at Y sponsored programs
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature
If a member or guest feels uncomfortable confronting a person regarding their behavior, they should report the behavior to a Y staff member. Staff members are ready to help when these situations arise.
The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and/or using our facilities is of great importance to the Akron Area YMCA. We reserve the right to compare our membership database with a sex offender registry and perform background checks. We also reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime (including sexual abuse); is a registered sex offender; habitually or excessively uses narcotics or dangerous drugs; has ever been convicted of any offense related to the use, sale, possession or transportation of narcotics or habit-forming and/or dangerous drugs; or continually or excessively uses intoxicating beverages.
MEMBER SERVICE PROMISE
Y staff recognizes that service to our members is the most important part of our job. Therefore, we make this promise: Our staff members will be friendly and attentive, and demonstrate caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. We will keep our facilities and equipment clean, safe and well maintained. We will deliver quality programs that meet the needs of our members and guests. We will provide opportunities for members to be involved as volunteers.
Akron Area YMCA
50 S. Main Street, Ste. LL 100
Akron, Ohio 44308