Youth and preschool Programs
The YMCA offers a variety of preschool and youth programs for all ages. The YMCA is dedicated to offering fun, positive activities that build athletic, social and interpersonal skills.
Children can take age-appropriate programs such as Wee Tumblers, Tiny Fitness, Discovering Art, Ballet, CheerNatstics, Baton Twirling, Yoga, Creative Movement, Teen Boot Camp, Dodgeball, CATCH [youth obesity prevention program], Basketball, Running Club, Indoor Soccer, Volleyball, T-ball and much more! Programs take place in the Field House, outside, and in classrooms.
- 1-3 Years Old - Wee Tumblers, Wee Fitness.
- 3-5 Years Old - Tiny Fitness, Tiny Tumblers, Show Tikes, Sporties for Shorties, Lil Dribblers, Lil Sluggers, Lil Kickers, Creative Movement, Kid's Yoga, Lil Kickers, Superhero Training, Princess Adventure, Preschool Arts & Crafts.
- 6-9 Years Old - Dodgeball, Youth Basketball, Youth Basketball League, Kid's Yoga, Indoor Soccer, Soccer Camp, Flag Football Clinic, CATCH, Baton Twirling, Home School Arts & Crafts, Discovering Art, CheerNastics, Basic Tumbling, Running Club, Ballet, Tap Dance, Zumba Kids, Basic Dance, Tennis, Ultimate Sports, Kid's Story.
- 9-12 Years Old: Dodgeball, Kid's Yoga, Kid's Boot Camp, Kid's Cycling, Home School Arts & Crafts, Girls Who Can, Running Club, CATCH, Baton Twirling, Volleyball, Basic Dance, Tennis, Kung Fu.
- 13-16 Years Old: Teen Boot Camp, Teen Yoga, Teen Cycling, Teen Strength & Conditioning, Volleyball, Kung Fu.
- Family Classes (6-99 Years Old): Family Fitness.
New Winter II (Feb. 26th - Apr. 15th) Programs:
- Lil Stars (3-5yrs) on Thursdays from 10:00 - 10:45am. $20 Members and $40 Program Members. Children will let their dramatic tendencies shine in this play-based class. They will learn basic drama and music concepts as they act, sing, and move to the weekly theme. Don't miss the last class when our little stars showcase their new skills!
- Jazz (8-12yrs) on Wednesdays from 4:45 - 5:30pm. $25 Members and $50 Program Members. Jazz dance combines basic ballet techniques with modern music. It is fun, energetic, and full of fancy footwork and big jumps.
- Dance Cardio (13-18yrs) on Wednesdays from 4:00 - 4:45pm. $10 Members and $25 Program Members. Change up your cardio routine with dance cardio. Learn several routines throughout the session to top chart pop music.
Leagues and Ages:
- 3-5 Years Old - Small Stuff Soccer League (Late February - Mid April).
- 5-10 Years Old - Futsal Soccer League (Late February - Mid April).
- 5-12 Years Old - Youth Basketball League (January - February).
Futsal Soccer League: kindergarten - 3rd grade (Co-ed)
*Specialized indoor soccer program using a weighted ball.
February 27th, 2017 - April 15th, 2017 (6 games - no games April 1)
registration opens (in-house with enrollment form): January 8th, 2017
registration deadline: February 19th, 2017
league meetings (for parents & coaches): February 22nd, 2017
- K - 1st at 5:45pm (Max. of 60 players)
- 2nd - 3rd at 6:30pm (Max. of 40 players)
Cost: $40 for Members & $60 for Program Members
Practice one evening per week (Monday - Friday at 7:00pm) and games on Saturdays (between 11:30am - 4:30pm). This developmental league is designed for all levels! Practice will involve teaching soccer fundamentals through drills and fun games. Games will be played in the YMCA Field House. Children will be divided into teams accordingly. Team shirts are included in the program cost. Team pictures (and individual pictures if desired) will also be conducted by Glen Rutherford Photography. Enrollment forms are located in the flyer racks and the front desk of the Wadsworth YMCA. Enrollment forms can also be emailed to you directly from Ryan Reavy. Please contact Program Director Ryan Reavy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-334-9622 with any questions of for more information.
*Volunteer coaches and referees are needed.
Youth Basketball league: kindergarten - 6th grade (Co-ed)
January 2nd, 2017 - February 18th, 2017
Registration opens (in-House with enrollment form): September 25th, 2016
Registration deadline: December 11th, 2016
league meetings (for parents & Coaches): December 29th, 2016
- K - 1st at 5:45pm (Max. of 66 players)
- 2nd - 3rd at 6:30pm (Max. of 66 players)
- 4th - 6th at 7:15pm (Max. of 40 players)
Cost: $45 for Members & $65 for Program Members
Practice one evening a week (Monday - Friday at either 6:30pm or 7:30pm) and games are on Saturdays. This developmental league is designed for all levels! Practice will involve teaching basketball fundamentals through drills and fun games. Games will be played in the YMCA Field House. Team shirts are included in the program cost. Team pictures (and individual pictures if desired) will also be conducted by Glen Rutherford Photography. Enrollment forms are located in the flyer racks and the front desk of the Wadsworth YMCA. Enrollment forms can also be emailed to you directly from Ryan Reavy. Please contact Program Director Ryan Reavy at email@example.com or 330-334-9622 with any questions or for more information.
*Volunteer coaches and referees are needed.
Interested in Becoming a volunteer instructor, coach, or referee? please contact ryan reavy at 330-334-9622 firstname.lastname@example.org and find out how you can make an impact on so many lives in our youth programs.
Kindercamp is a 6 week program offered in the Summer. The weeks vary June - August. Children ages 3-5 years old have the opportunity to make a craft, play outside, tumble, read a story, socialize and make memories for their summer!
Tuesday - Friday this program is offered from 9:30-11:30am. The cost is $40 for Members and $60 for Program Members.
Summer playground program
Location: Central Intermediate School (CIS)
When: Monday - Thursday 9:30am-12:00pm (June 12th, 2017 - July 20th, 2017)
Ages: 6-12 Years Old
Cost: Free. (Children must live in the City of Wadsworth and be present from 9:30am-12:00pm.)
Children will have fun playing Indoors and Outdoors with arts/crafts, games and sports. While making new friends!
Registration: Registration opens on April 23rd, 2017 (In-House). Parent must register each child and sign all waivers to participate. Children will need to be signed in/out each day unless the waiver to walk home has been signed. Registration is Free for all who attend.
This is a collaborative effort between the City of Wadsworth and the Wadsworth YMCA. Register at the YMCA or the site upon drop off on the first day. This program is not affiliated with the Wadsworth City Schools.